Friday, October 13, 2006

Worries.....

My sweet little Reagan. We had an anxious visit to the opthamologist yesterday morning to see if his left eye was lazy. Praise the Lord! His vision is just as it should be...I was so worrying about having to put a patch over his eye and getting it to STAY there...ugh. But God is good and has taken my worry away. I keep reminding myself of Philipians 4:6 -7 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." God is slowing showing me to take this verse to heart. I'm such a worrier. If it's there to be worried about believe me I'm worrying. I don't know why I do that. I used to think it was a mom thing, then I thought it was a woman thing, but as I thought about it I realized it was a me thing. I've always worried. Now I have to learn to lay those worries where they belong, at the feet of Christ. It's interesting because even in some very scary times, I felt the most peace because it was all in God's hands and I had prayed and laid it all bare before him. Peace would wash over like a river and yet, sometimes I still hang on to those worries. It's a process, every day confessing and allowing the peace to come. Lord help me to be strong....

1 comment:

Anna said...

Man, I'm slacking...4 whole days this has been posted, and I didn't see it. Sheesh, Anna!

Worrying is such a hard bond to break. But if anyone can, I know it's you. You are the strongest woman I know, Alicia. I'm so encouraged and inspired by you! I love you and I'll be praying that you will allow yourself to be loosed from this snare of Satan.