Monday, October 23, 2006

"16 And Saul's son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God.

I Samuel 23:16

We can't always physically go to our friends but thank you Jesus for phones and email. My "Jonathan" lives in Atoka, Oklahoma and my heart aches to think about how far that really is. Treva is my intercessor when the world is threatening to destroy me. We all have been in situations where it feels like God is so far away. I'm sure David felt that way in Horesh. Running from Saul with all he had. I can't imagine having an entire army after me, hell bent on my destruction! What I can feel is Satan hot on my heels with all the fury of hell bent on dragging me down. God is so good to not allow Treva and I to be clawing out of a pit at the same time! We just go back and forth reaching down to pull the other up and reminding eachother that God is STILL on the throne, forever and ever, amen! About a year ago I found my father. He hadn't even known I existed so it was hard to deal with all of these emotions without having anyone to point the finger at. I really wish I could say that I had clung to Jesus and rode out the tidal wave of pain but I have to be honest and admit that Satan took me to depths I pray fervently to never see again. When my sin was discovered, I was devastated and mortified. In my shame and with my slayed heart I cried out to my Lord for relief and He told me to call Treva. I didn't want to. I didn't want to explain how I could fall so far. I didn't want to hear the disappointment in her voice. I called anyway. I wasn't met with disappointment. I was met with tears, with comfort, with prayers for restoration. I only hope I can be so gracious in her time of need. So I pray for you, reader, that you would have your own "Jonathan" to point you back to your Lord when life beats you up, because it will.

Come quickly Lord Jesus.

1 comment:

Anna said...

What a blessing to have a friend like that! He doesn't give them to just anyone, you know. I pray that God will put a hedge of thorns around your friendship and protect it from Satan's traps...may your covenant with each other be as lasting as David and Jonathan's!