Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Immorality, Immodesty, General Mind Pollution...

I'm so tired of the immodest way women are dressing, I'm tired of trying to find clothes that fit but aren't immoral. Worse still, I'm tired of seeing children dressed like prostitutes right under their parents noses. What amazes me is the parent's seemingly indifferent attitude about it. "But she's so cute!", "She's only a baby (4 years old) she doesn't have to be modest....per se'". And the most unbelievable yet, "I couldn't find anything modest for her to wear at the store.", "All the skirts are that short", "All the shirts were cut that low". What scares me is this one, "She's only 14, no one is looking at her anyway." That one came from a father if you can believe that.
When you let your children dress that way you're teaching them that flirtation is cute. Overt sexuality is cute. Down right cheapness is cute. What, they're going to stop dressing that way by some magical sense of righteousness when they become teenagers? We have such a horrendous time getting employees to dress appropriately for work. They're always hanging out of their tops, or wearing jeans cut so low you can see their panties over the top of them, or worse the string of their thong. I just don't understand why more parents aren't appalled by this and therefore go out and buy these things for their children, whereby encouraging the clothing industry to create more provocative, more trashy clothing for our children to wear. All I have to say is.....Thank you Lord Jesus for giving me boys. Now the challenge will be to keep them pure as long as I can and to teach them that women are not objects but something to be cherished and treated with respect. God give me strength...

1 comment:

Anna said...

You're absolutely right. I am terrified by having this little girl growing up in this society. I just went through a bag of hand-me-downs and actually had to throw out many outfits because they were incredibly inappropriate -- and keep in mind that this is for a little girl wearing a 2T!! Oy...our kids will change the world, right lady?